Sam from Book Beat has nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you so much, Sam! 🙂
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
- Come up with 11 questions for your nominees!
11 random facts about me:
- I have a one year old black cat who loves to go on walks
- My favorite books from childhood are Matilda by Roald Dahl and The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- I don’t particularly enjoy reading YA fiction, but I would like to try to read more and understand the genre better
- I study cinematography
- Italian food is the best food in my opinion (I generally love eating diverse foods from different cultures)
- I love dogs but never had one (yet)
- I visited San Francisco several years ago and I still love the city and miss it constantly
- I would LOVE to study art history in Florence
- Caravaggio is one of my favorite painters
- English is my second language.
- I enjoy a good refreshing summer rain.
1. Bookstore or library?
Bookstore! I always liked to have physical copies of the books I read. (exception: books I have to read for school
2. What is the most money you’ve spend on books at once?
I can’t remember exactly but probably this winter when I went to Italy. It was probably around 50 -60 euros? (that’s a lot in my home country’s currency)
3. Is cover art an important factor in which edition of a book you purchase?
Yes, it usually is, but if it’s not a well-known author and I’m just curious to see how she/he writes, then it doesn’t matter as much. But nowadays I like to buy books with nice covers ^^ blame me.
4.What genre do you read the least of?
YA and romance. Not my cup of tea 🙂
5.How do you organize your books?
I have a cinema+photography+art books shelf, two to-read shelves, and then I just try to group all the English edition books in one place, while the others are just arrange randomly. If I have trilogies or collections, then I’ll group them together too. I also keep poetry books and comic books/graphic novels grouped together.
6.New books or used books?
Why not both?:) I love and buy both kinds.
7. Favorite picture book?
I don’t have one.
8. What do you tend to use as a bookmark?
Plain old bookmarks or other books or drink coasters or my phone.
9. Where do you do most of your reading?
Either in my bed or on the couch, snuggled up with a cup of tea and my cat.
10. Can you listen to music as you read?
No, I’ve tried and it doesn’t work for me that way.
11. Favorite book that averages over 500 pages?
A million little pieces by James Frey
- Books, j’adore
- Book Guy Reviews
- My classics on the shelf
- Savidge Reads
and anyone else who would like to do this!
My questions for the nominees:
- What was your favourite book when you were little?
- Do you have an e-book reader and how often do you use it/when?
- Your favourite mystery/crime book?
- Do you watch the movie after reading the book?
- Your favourite classic?
- What are you currently reading?
- If you don’t like a book, do you put it down or continue reading it just to finish the book?
- Your favourite contemporary authors?
- Why did you start a book blog?
- How do you get over reading slumps?
- Do you lend or borrow books to/from friends?
Have a nice weekend everyone!